4000-watt Amada Gemini FO4020NT laser cutting system
Manufactured in December of 2004, installed new in 2005
Currently has 61,837 Hours, new turbo blower installed at 60,000 hours
The Amada FO NT laser cutting system is another example of Amada raising the bar of function and performance. Several features support quicker and simpler setup, such as a PC-based, network control, cartridge style lens, and one-touch nozzle. Big on power and even bigger on productivity the FO NT is equipped to handle full 6.5′ x 13′ sheets of material. Amada’s diverse assortment of automation options let you configure your system according to your specific operational requirements.
FO 4020NT Standard Features
The FO 4020NT is designed and engineered to reliably and economically cut all types of material in a full range of thicknesses.
* Maximize utilization with minimal setup between jobs
* High speed processing of thin and thick materials
* Operator-friendly Windows based network compatible control
* X-Axis “dual drive” rack & pinion gantry for precise location at the fastest speed
* High-speed pallet shuttle
* Cast iron frame for superior stability
* Water Assisted Cutting System (WACS TM) uses an adjustable water mist to absorb heat generated by the cutting process
* 6′ x 13′ maximum sheet size
* 3150 IPM maximum X- and Y-axis speed (4454 IPM max. at 45 degree vector)
* 2362 IPM maximum Z-axis speed
* 4000 watt CW laser source utilizing the latest technology to improve optic life.
Travel Method: Stationary table, X, Y and Z-axis movement for cutting head
Control Method: X, Y and Z simultaneous 3 axis control
Drive Motors: Fanuc AC servo motors
Maximum Sheet Size: 80″ (Y) x 160″ (X)
Maximum Axis Travel: 80.7″ (Y) x 174″ (X) x 7.8″ (Z)
Maximum Axis Positioning Speed: 3,150 inches per minute (80m/min) per axis (4,554 inches per minute 45 degree vector)
Maximum Speed Z-Axis: 2,362 inches per minute
Positioning Accuracy: 0.0004″/20″
Maximum Material Weight: 3,454 lbs.
Assist Gas: Automatic 4 ports with NC pressure Control
Machine Footprint: 483″ x 124″
Machine Weight: 12 Metric Tons
Electrical Requirements: 208V, 3 Phase, 60Hz
Laser Power: 4000 watts
Display: LCD Color Graphics Display
Control Function: X, Y, Z-Axis Simultaneous and Focus Lens B-axis, Adaptive Optic and Laser Power control (CW, Gated Pulse, Pierce Routines etc.).
Data Input Method: Touch screen, Keyboard, Ethernet, Wireless, CD, USB, 3 1/2″ Floppy disk
Minimum Command Unit: 0.0001″ (X, Y, Z)
Minimum Travel Unit: 0.0001″ (X, Y, Z)
Standard Memory: 2 MB
Hard Drive: 10 GB
Operating Modes: Automatic and Manual
Display Modes: Program Contents, Position Information, Program Check, Settings, Parameters, Beam Diameter Compensation, Assist Gas Status, Self Diagnostics
Interlock Displays: Cooling Water Status, Gas Pressure Status, Vacuum Status, Turbo Blower Malfunction, Shutter Status, Beam Power, Resonator Discharge, Door Open, WACS.
Electrical requirements: See Motion Package
Laser Specifications AF 4000C Oscillator (Resonator):
CW Power: 4,000 Watts
Peak pulse power: 5,000 Watts
Maximum material thicknesses
Carbon steel: 0.75″
Stainless steel: 0.375″ CleanCut (TM)